Blood oxygen levels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mark barker

Theres quite a few threads on the forum about Heart Rates etc, but I wonder if anyone has monitored their blood oxygen levels?

My father suffers from COPD and has just purchased a pulse oximeter to keep an eye on his oxygen levels. Obviously having a new toy meant I had to give it a go... and my levels were lower than his!

So, has anyone checked their levels? It seems to be quite relevant to those that are keeping an eye on their heart rate, as pumping useless blood around is pretty useless!

I had a routine exam last week and I was 98/100 apparently - have no idea what that means except a quick Google says that anything over 95 is OK.

numbnuts

Legendary Member
I have emphysama,(Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease) I haven't got a oximeter, but I can tell when my oxgen is getting low I get so tired even just doing housework, on the bike hills have to be ridden very slowly or I won't get to the top, but on the flat I can get up to 16+ mph.

OP
OP
mark barker

mark barker

but I can tell when my oxgen is getting low I get so tired even just doing housework
My dad is just the same... He is in the process of reducing the bottled oxygen usage, and finds the simplest of tasks really tiring. He can't handle heat either, so cooking has been a real problem for him.

The hospital have a gym session twice a week for COPD patients, and h has just started these... Weight lifting 2kg is the maximum they can do, and he is finding it really hard to accept (3 or 4 years ago he was a fit chap, Judo twice a week and regular swimmer)

Top Bottom