Bloody hellfire!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yesterday, I got hit by a taxi (£30 for a new wheel), the washing machine was pronounced Dead on Arrival by the engineer (£300 for a new washine machine) and the vacuum cleaner stopped working (£150 for a new Dyson).

Firkin' hell!

I'll find a cheap wheel, and have a look at the appliances (which I can probably fix - I do my own spannering on my Citroen BX), but it kind of puts pressure on you, especially with an infant in the house.

Still, the sun is shining, the baby is sleeping all night and smiling all day, and I've got a nice job and a lovely family. Could be worse.

domtyler

Über Member
Er, you're not about to ask for money are you? :smile:

*Scarpers*

Maz

Guru
Twenty Inch said:
Yesterday, I got hit by a taxi (£30 for a new wheel), the washing machine was pronounced Dead on Arrival by the engineer (£300 for a new washine machine) and the vacuum cleaner stopped working (£150 for a new Dyson).

Firkin' hell!
Look on the bright side. It could be worse...it could be me.

Maz

Guru
Smokin Joe said:
Or you could have been approached in the street by a nutter who started shouting and swearing about Jesus and threw acid in your face.
I think I'd be the one shouting Jesus if someone chucked acid in my face.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
Twenty Inch - I'm worried now.:ohmy:

I've just replaced a rear wheel on my winter bike. And the Dyson died with a final flash of electricity.:biggrin:

I'm putting the washing machine in quarantine as my GP always diagnoses "there's a lot of it about" :ohmy:

OP
OP
T
Dyson problems are usually switches, apparently - and they don't cost much. Google for them.

PrettyboyTim

My bikecam went wrong. Unfortunately the Saniflo unit in the attic loo also went wrong so I've had to put away thoughts of a new camera to get it instead. Trying to diagnose a problem with a broken Saniflo isn't much fun... :-(

Oh, and we used to have a Dyson, but it went lost most of its suction after some builders decided to use it for vacuuming up some broken plaster rather than using their own vacuum. I did take it apart and all sections of it were chock full of plaster. I never got it to work properly again. We bought a Henry after that. Much cheaper, and it seems more reliable. Can't go wrong with a Henry!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
If you get a Dyson, take out the warrenty and keep it up - we use our warrenty every year for bits that keep breaking - It's had just about everything replaced in the last four years...no quibble though, very prompt service.... just fragile hoovers.

Sh1t happens like that - just when you don't need it, a major appliance or two gives up.

Top Bottom