Bloody love France!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Proto

Legendary Member
I’m in France, too. Quick detour into Limoges just now for a potter about then back in ‘le camping car’ and on towards Perigeaux. Will find an Aire for the night then head in the general direction of Biarritz. Bike on the back of the van. Enjoying the slow life

PS was in the Loire Valley night before last , Gennes, between Angers and Saumur. Lovely!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Julia9054

Julia9054

Guru
I’m in France, too. Quick detour into Limoges just now for a potter about then back in ‘le camping car’ and on towards Perigeaux. Will find an Aire for the night then head in the general direction of Biarritz. Bike on the back of the van. Enjoying the slow life

PS was in the Loire Valley night before last , Gennes, between Angers and Saumur. Lovely!
I'm in Belgium now. Ypres to Bruges today - much of it either cycle track or so quiet it might as well be. The answer to who has right of way in towns at junctions seems to be "anyone on a bike"
Very civilized!

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I'm in Belgium now. Ypres to Bruges today - much of it either cycle track or so quiet it might as well be. The answer to who has right of way in towns at junctions seems to be "anyone on a bike"
Very civilized!
It was slightly annoying when we forgot to stop well before a junction for our group to, well, regroup. The drivers would stop their cars to let us out, whether or not we wanted to go! :laugh: So we went and tried to pull over in sight of the junction so the others could spot us.

Anyway, just remember that "anyone walking" has right of way over you!

screenman

Legendary Member
My eldest and his wife are in Holland and today hired a couple of bikes, they both had to sit through a talk about cycling and how to use a bike, my son is a sporting/ iron man type cyclist, my DIL a multi times national champion, good to see they both paid attention and listened though.

OP
OP
Julia9054

Julia9054

Guru
But are they used t
My eldest and his wife are in Holland and today hired a couple of bikes, they both had to sit through a talk about cycling and how to use a bike, my son is a sporting/ iron man type cyclist, my DIL a multi times national champion, good to see they both paid attention and listened though.
But are they used to a bike with a back brake - easy to come a cropper! :laugh:

Slick

Guru
Going to Ghent for the day tomorrow. Suggestions for what to do and see and where to eat please
No suggestions other than enjoy. :thumbsup:

U

User169

Going to Ghent for the day tomorrow. Suggestions for what to do and see and where to eat please

Dok Brewing Company!

IMG_20190523_081942_216.jpg

Top Bottom