Bloody madness...so sad.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtallfatbloke

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article3101602.ece?Submitted=true

I ride these lanes every day and see examples of murderous driving almost every day as well. Lot's of rich peeps in 4x4's with no time for anybody except themselves. How can any parent do such a thing to their child?

The reason the other 4x4 hit the kid was because they didnt look properly, whatever the legalities of the kid being on the road, the fact is that driver should have been driving at a speed that allowed her to SEE, not just look.

Unbelieveable....no..scrub that comment...sadly it is all to beleiveable.

snorri

Legendary Member
A sad incident, but I think it is safer not to draw any assumptions at this stage.

buggi

Bird Saviour
yea, i think at this stage we should just leave the assumptions, it could have been the driver, however if the children were excited they could have gone onto the other side of the road, they might just have suddenly appeared from behind their dad's range rover and who would expect that?? give it a few weeks and we'll find out what's what and then we can either slate 4x4 drivers or slate the parents.... in soapbox of course!

gavintc said:
What parent buys a 7yr old a quad bike and then lets them on the public road at night - criminal.

Absolutely agree. We get a lot of monkey bikes, unlicensed trails bikes, mini bikes and scooters riding around where I live. I always call the police as I don't want to be the person that kills a kid who drives under my wheels on a junction. My sympathies are (only barely) with the (hawk, spit) 4x4 driver.

Twenty Inch said:
Absolutely agree. We get a lot of monkey bikes, unlicensed trails bikes, mini bikes and scooters riding around where I live. I always call the police as I don't want to be the person that kills a kid who drives under my wheels on a junction. My sympathies are (only barely) with the (hawk, spit) 4x4 driver.

Check out what Dad was driving at the time.

domtyler

Über Member
I have no problem in making the assumption that the father of this little girl acted in a criminally negligent fashion. That is absolutely clear to me. If I were the 4x4 driver I would sue him for the psychological trauma inflicted. He deserves to lose everything.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Used to get a lot of quads taking to driving across 4 lanes of busy dual carriageway to get to their unofficial driving range round here until they closed it off. A sad accident but commenting further without information would be inappropriate.

domtyler

Über Member
marinyork said:
... A sad accident but commenting further without information would be inappropriate.

I can't concur with this statement. We know one key fact, and that is that this young girls father bought her a quad bike and then allowed her to drive on the public roads at night on it, resulting in her being killed. Anything else is just embellishment.

Even if the other driver was pissed, stoned, speeding whatever, that seven year old should not have been out driving a motor vehicle on dark roads that night or any other night.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Well others are welcome to, I did actually mean more myself. I do know where you're coming from as the above statement about quad bikes round here was usually done with parents blessing - van or MPC drives up into layby, parents get out a one or two quads and kids drive across dual carriageway.

Blue

Legendary Member
The parent(s) should be prosecuted.

A child of 7 needs proper parenting.

This child may as well have been handed a stick of dynamite and a box of matches and told to "go play".

girofan

Father and driver of 4x4 should both be prosecuted. Both are stupid, but 4x4 driver is also selfish to the point of insanity, driving whilst under the influence of drink AND drugs.
God help us!!!

Top Bottom