Bloody well done the lads!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisW

pw2389 said:
It's nice to see that the referee Chris White is a member of this forum.

And if i'd been refereeing today England would have won by a lot more;)

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
BJB said:
Strange to see the anti-French rhetoric crossing over into a cycling forum, France being the spiritual home of cycling:sad:.

Still there was only one game that counted today, a stunning 3-1 victory over the Ukraine :rolleyes:.

Also well done to the English rugger chaps, although no-one cares, it being a minority sport :biggrin:.

Ha Ha Ha Ha....a minor "Euro" competition.... against Ukraine Ha Ha Ha Ha....

Think you need to watch this film:
http://www.landrover.co.uk/Microsit...ePPC&advertiserid=MSN&bannerid=LandRoverRugby

Keith Oates

Janner
If I'd been refereeing France would have been red carded in the dressing room before the match started!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a brilliant performance by the team, every one of them did so well today. We all talk about Wilkinson's goal kicking but today he showed just how good he is at tackling and defending as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Noodley

Cathryn said:
They've silenced the critics and have made me proud!! Fabulous fabulous boys!!!

The critics being the same people who set them up as being the "best in the world"...(should there be a ? in there?)

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

I think it's acceptable to laugh at the French on days like these...I for one don't mean it maliciously at all, I like France and the French have never done anything to upset me...it's just a bit of fun thats all...I'm sure it happens everywhere.

Adieu mes amis

Cathryn

Legendary Member
Noodley said:
The critics being the same people who set them up as being the "best in the world"...(should there be a ? in there?)

The critics are the most hypocritical bunch of people in the world! What I meant was they silenced the people who doubted and slagged them off...they've done an amazing job. I'm SO excited still.

Abitrary

the critics do a job

Noodley

Cathryn said:
The critics are the most hypocritical bunch of people in the world! What I meant was they silenced the people who doubted and slagged them off...they've done an amazing job. I'm SO excited still.

I can almost guarantee the "critics" (i.e. media, and blokes/gals in pubs) will be talking them up when a few days ago they were saying "disaster, gloom, etc". They will not be "silenced", they will merely change their tune.

Think forward...The Final: England win (heaven fecking help us :biggrin:) and they are awarded some MBE/OBE/sex with a bird off of big brother/amnesty/citizenship.

England lose and their injuries/african heritage/lack of training/sex with a bird off of big brother/etc, are the "reason" for failure.

SamNichols

Well, clearly I was wrong about England those few weeks ago. I missed the game, as I was at the cinema seeing Control (great film, but gee it was depressing). If we got to the final, then great for us.

However, being of French descent, and having quite a lot of family there, I don't half get depressed on nights like this. All the louts walking about singing: 'f the french, la la la', doesn't half make one slightly worried.

greenmark

Guru
Well I'm truly happy. I've drawn South Africa in my company sweepstakes so even if England don't win the final I stand to win £100. So whatever the result of the final I'll be laughing - though obviously I'd prefer to watch the Springboks get stuffed.

spesh

BJB said:
Strange to see the anti-French rhetoric crossing over into a cycling forum, France being the spiritual home of cycling:sad:.

This is a thread about rugby football, old chap. What in the name of all that's unholy has this to do with cycling? :biggrin:

Still there was only one game that counted today, a stunning 3-1 victory over the Ukraine :rolleyes:.

Ah... foopball - 11 refs, 11 prima donnas and one complete tw@t :rolleyes:

Don't mind me, I've had an amusing evening down the pub... :rolleyes::tongue::biggrin::evil:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Noodley said:
I can almost guarantee the "critics" (i.e. media, and blokes/gals in pubs) will be talking them up when a few days ago they were saying "disaster, gloom, etc". They will not be "silenced", they will merely change their tune.
Think forward...The Final: England win (heaven fecking help us :biggrin:) and they are awarded some MBE/OBE/sex with a bird off of big brother/amnesty/citizenship.

England lose and their injuries/african heritage/lack of training/sex with a bird off of big brother/etc, are the "reason" for failure.

Of course people have changed their tune - stating the bleedin' obvious - because England have changed from just beating USA and getting whitewashed by the Saffers to beating Australia and France.
We were playing badly and now we're playing well - hence the change!!!!!

As for the rest of your post, I'll put the ramblings down to the demon drink;):rolleyes:

Top Bottom