Blooming cold going around....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My AVS is plummeting thanks to this cold. Still riding but hills that I'd honk up are 4mph granny ring jobs and still a struggle.

I'm trying to keep speed but after a mile of effort I feel like I've smoked 40 fags (and I used to have a 40/day habit 2.5 years ago so I know EXACTLY how it feels - can't believe I used to pay so much money to feel so crap!!!)

I hate being slow too, and I am getting an insight into the nervous cyclist's viewpoint, being unable to give a burst of speed to move into the right hand lane of a dual carriageway..it's horrible having to cycle in secondary then try to negotiate the lanes just before the filter.

This does have the feelings of a chest infection about it...I don't want to stop riding but don't want to make myself worse as I have another 10k run in 3 weeks that I want to aim for under the hour (only my 2nd 10k, last one was 1hr 2 min) and could do with getting some training in soon.

Not sure if I should admit defeat and drive until I recuperate, or just keep on...

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
i had a cold a few weeks back, took a few days off work and off riding to recover. Don't push your self too hard. get well soon.

My AVS is plummeting due to the fact im getting older every day.

No cold though.TIA

Im on a strict booze ban which was till September (and my holiday) but now it's looking like it's going on till November due to lack of money for said holiday.(it's been two and a half months since I touched the booze.)

Sheffield_Tiger said:
I hate being slow too, and I am getting an insight into the nervous cyclist's viewpoint, being unable to give a burst of speed to move into the right hand lane of a dual carriageway..it's horrible having to cycle in secondary then try to negotiate the lanes just before the filter.

I may drive more defensively because I don't think I am that fast...I pushed myself more tonight but am tired from work and shifts..Thirteen commutes in 14 days with two to go.

Top Bottom