BLT XR9 Rear Light

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Iceniner

Hello,

Ive searched around on the web and cant find any reviews of this light...

BLT XR9 1 watt rear light

Has anyone used one/got one/have thoughts on it?

Anything would be most useful as i was thinking of getting one.

Thanks.

kyuss

Veteran
Sorry can't help with info on this light, but have you thought about the Smart 1/2 watt rear light. Very highly regarded and very very bright. Probikekit have them at £11.50 at the moment so you could get 2 and still have money left over.

http://www.probikekit.com/display.php?code=M0004

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Looks interesting, but I don't know anything about it. I think I saw something like this at the LBS- next time I go in I'll take a look.

Otherwise another vote for the Smart light, esp. at £11:50. I've got three of them.

OP
OP
Iceniner

Iceniner

Thanks for the replies, Ive got two of those smart lights already on my seat post, but its getting very crowded now along with mudguard and still having the rear reflector!

I was thinking that if this BLT light is 1watt, and the smarts 1/2 a watt i could use one of these to replace one of the smarts and have extra power. Leaving a smart free to put on my rucksack or something. I was thinking of maybe trying to put one on the back of my helmet in a way that wasnt too obvious.

simonali

Guru
Dunno why you'd need any more than 2 Superflashes?! I bought the Planetbike version a few weeks ago which has a much better flashing pattern than the Smart one. It has a white body, that I didn't like, so I just used the one from my Smart.

OP
OP
Iceniner

Iceniner

They are good for commuting around here in Cardiff, but ill be going back to Somerset in the summer and its likely ill be riding around in the dark/dust on completely unlit roads that are 60mph speed limit, so i was thinking ahead to having a little extra light for these country roads :biggrin:

simonali

Guru
I had some of their originale ones that looked like little plastic dustbins way back when. Can't really remember whether they were any good, but I don't recall having them very long, so they might've broke?

Memory...hazy...

OP
OP
Iceniner

Iceniner

Cheers User, I've fired an email off to Neil and ill wait to see what he says about them. I could aways go mad and get that 3watt dinotte tail light thats about £100 haha. That is stupidly bright but its only got 12hours battery life on low power!!! :biggrin: lets hope the BLT has better performance!

Top Bottom