Blue Light Danger

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cyclopathic

Veteran
Likely to be lack of resources IMHO. The ambulance service guys and girls are on the road 24/7 and are extremely stretched at times. Sometimes leads to them getting some stick, that they certainly do not deserve.
I absolutely agree. Despite being busy they dropped me off at home (I refused hospital) as it was on their way back to the hospital, which is more than the police were willing to do despite the fact that they are supposed to offer some sort of support to the victim. It was only half a mile.
The ambulance crews were very good and helpful whereas the police were certainly professional but only prepared to do the absolute bare minimum. Technicaly after refusing to go to hospital I suppose I could have got a taxi, although I couldn't really walk and I didn't have a phone with me.

Cyclopathic

Veteran
Why should the police drop you off at home? They're not there to ferry you around and they have other more important things to do.
Under the heading "What we do" in the little pamphlet they give you it says "Provide help and support to those in need"
If that doesn't extend to giving someone who can barely walk a lift home of half a mile on the same road, no turnings required and on the way back into town then why the fark bother writing the pamphlet in the first place.

Top Bottom