Blue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Too shy to introduce myself, I'll introduce one of my bikes instead:

Blue is a late Carlton - probably a Corsa. Nice combination of classic & modern to make a do anything fixie with style (well, I think so :ohmy: )

PICT0476.jpg

PICT0477.jpg

PICT0478.jpg

OK, so I know that the last one is a bit wonky an stuff, but my camera's LCD is broken. A friend has done a version that's somewhat straighter & tidied up & doesn't have the fat bloke reflected in the window, but I haven't asked him if I can use it... :biggrin:

longers

Legendary Member
Nice bike and photo's, I can imagine how the third pic looks straightened up.
Bl**dy fantastic :ohmy:.

OP
OP
clarion

clarion

Guru
Thanks, longers. I can't lay any claim to any credit for the loveliness that is Blue - I've only got him recently, and tinkered round the edges. But yeah - the third pic looks great tidied up. I better PM that chap...

I think I had a Corsa, can't quite remember now. In fact I can't remember what happened to it. I've got some picies of me touring on it but my recollection of where it went has gone. Ain't that strange.

and forgot to say ...... nice bike. I've been mullling looking for a 2ndhand Carlton out of nostalgia. Those pictures have shoved me along a bit more.

OP
OP
clarion

clarion

Guru
My first 'proper' bike was a Carlton (probably also a Corsa) I found in the cellar of my house back in 1984. I was unemployed at the time, so it gave me some wonderful freedom. We managed many thousands of miles together before it was stolen. :ohmy:

Although I've had some great bikes in the meantime, I've been wanting a Carlton ever since, so when this opportunity came up, I couldn't resist.

Snap. My first roadbike was a Carlton Giro. Also stolen. I got the Corsa some years later off a mate who was knocked off it.

I remember what happened to it now. It got cannibalised to do up 531c Rotrax I bought. The frame was dented and too big for me anyway. Between the two bikes I was able to make one good one.

OP
OP
clarion

clarion

Guru
Here's another photo from today

PICT0666b.jpg

I was out with my younger son for a ride on his first ever road bike that I've been fettling.

PICT0665.jpg

Ben M

Looks nice and tidy.

Is that water bottle not really annoying when you're on the drops though?

It's also 750g+ of off centre weight on your handlebars =

Top Bottom