Bluemels toe straps

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Any idea if these are worth anything,I can't find any for sale
DSCF0988.JPG

Last edited:

Sharky

Guru
I'm sure I saw some for about £20 a pair, but keep them. They make an ideal way of holding a tool roll under the saddle.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Toe-straps may be mostly obsolete, but they have lots of alternative uses.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Toe-straps may be mostly obsolete, but they have lots of alternative uses.

In that case put em on the Bay with L'erotica in the description then :highfive:

D

Deleted member 1258

Ah, yes. Perfect for use with clips. I'd forgotten about that usage. must be over 30 years since I last used clips!

I stopped using clips and straps on the road about two years ago, though I've still got them on the bike that's on the turbo. I've still got some odd straps around, they often come in useful.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Plenty of leather toe straps available, but not Bluemels. They might be worth a bit more than the £6 or so you'd pay for new, if you could find the one buyer who's intent on getting his bike perfectly in period.

woodbutcher

Veteran
All 4 of my bikes have them, I have been using them since the 60 so, too late to change now.
I found the Bluemel ones when looking in the shed for something else.
I like them too, straps and clips just look right on a bike (at least to me they do) and since l don't own "proper" cycling shoes, any old trainers do for me,
l'll stick with rat-traps and if they were good enough for "King Kelly" l recon they are easily good enough for any mere mortal cyclist like me :whistle:

Top Bottom