Bluetooth head phones

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Recommend me some headphones.tried some in ear JBLs. Absolute shite. A friend let me try his Sennheiser momentum 2.0 headphones. thought they where great but loads of money. Am going to our local hi fi shop monday to try a few. What do people on here use.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I cannot give a review but after doing a lot of research I have just ordered a set of Aftershokz Aeropex bone conducting headphones.

They get very good reviews, are light and work for 10 hours before they need recharging. Nothing goes in your ears and so you can still hear your surroundings.

They are not cheap but most good electronic items tend to be pricey.

Justinitus

Warning: May Contain Pie
Are you looking for headphones for use around the house or out on the bike? I’ve got some Aftershokz Air Bluetooth bone conduction headphones and they’re great when out on the bike or doing stuff around the house or garden as I can still hear things going on around me perfectly fine, like traffic or the doorbell. But the sound isn’t quite as good as proper headphones.

For proper insulated music listening I’ve got some wired Bose headphones (they do Bluetooth versions) which are quite light and sound phenomenal (well, to me anyway!). Bought them from John Lewis as they’ve got the whole range out and wired up to try.

A friend has got some Bang and Olufsen ear buds which I’ve tried and they were amazing - think they were like £400 or something though!

Cycleops

Legendary Member
The only thing that will give truly realistic reproduction are over ear types. In ear will always sounds bass light.
Referring to over ear I have some Bose SoundLink phones and they are great. Sennheiser can be relied upon for great sounding phones. Beats are crap but not if you like bass that rattles your skull.
If you insist on in ear look for some Soundmagic E11s which I also have, only about £40 but sound very good but not Bluetooth. Check out the reviews on them.

View: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07HH5KSKP/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_pxPVDb2X1BABW

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
In ear: Apple stuff or Beats X.

Over ear: Sennheiser. I have the older wired Momentum and they are awesome. Genuine investment if you ever went Bluetooth.
Thread title specifies Bluetooth....

I've got wireless JBL in ear ones, they're fine for the gym or out and about. Over head ones look ridiculous on the underground ;)

vickster

Legendary Member
Pedantic this morning @vickster
Not at all...maybe you meant to say if I ever went...?

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
I use a pair of AfterShokz Titanium for use when cycling, wish I'd done it sooner, takes the humdrum out of the commute, and makes longer rides seem to pass more quickly which is sometimes just what I need.

For home I have a set of nuraphones, fantastic sound and for me better music quality than bose and sony, but maybe on par with sennheiser. Sony and bose still have better noise canceling. On the bike plantronics backbeat, water and sweat proof, with easy controls for start/stop and phonecalls. Sound quality is just ok.

OP
OP
derrick

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Are you looking for headphones for use around the house or out on the bike? I’ve got some Aftershokz Air Bluetooth bone conduction headphones and they’re great when out on the bike or doing stuff around the house or garden as I can still hear things going on around me perfectly fine, like traffic or the doorbell. But the sound isn’t quite as good as proper headphones.

For proper insulated music listening I’ve got some wired Bose headphones (they do Bluetooth versions) which are quite light and sound phenomenal (well, to me anyway!). Bought them from John Lewis as they’ve got the whole range out and wired up to try.

A friend has got some Bang and Olufsen ear buds which I’ve tried and they were amazing - think they were like £400 or something though!
Mostly around the house, or traveling, not on the bike. i Have some Bose i have been using for a while but after listening to the sennheiser., i need to upgrade.:okay:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member

The Aeropex is supposed to be a big improvement in bass and vibration.

Top Bottom