bluetooth or ant + for sensors ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
X mas time i am looking to get a new bike computer

The two models i have been looking at both have more than enough functions except the cheaper version only supports Bluetooth whereas the latter does ant+ and Bluetooth ,

The only sensor i run is cadence atm so as long as i can get cadence im happy although the cheaper version means i would need to buy a new sensor as afaik i can use my current sensors with the latter.
Looking at the lezyne macro and super gps

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
I got a bluetooth HR strap to go with my smart trainer. A bonus is that it works with my phone and iPad. So down to your preferences really. I have found it to be reliable on rides if just using Strava on phone rather than GPS.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I got a bluetooth HR strap to go with my smart trainer. A bonus is that it works with my phone and iPad. So down to your preferences really. I have found it to be reliable on rides if just using Strava on phone rather than GPS.
I dont use my phone , mind you i dont use any data unless i have wi-fi

Ive got one of those bluetooth/ant + HRM's and for some it always works with the bluetooth on the phone but my Edge 130 usually picks up the ant + (occasionally it will pick up the bluetooth but always the ant +). The bluetooth to my phone for syncing is poor too. IME the 130 prefers ant + despite it saying its Bluetooth capable :-/

Top Bottom