Blurred Vision?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smokeysmoo

Legendary Member
Anyone had it after exercising?

I've got it now after running 7 miles this morning but it's never happened before and it's really quite disorienting!

No headache though so that's a +ve :thumbsup:

I've read a few things that suggest it's blood pressure related and it should correct itself once rested, but I've not way to check my BP right now.

I must have been back in above an hour before it started and although the blurriness steadily increased it does now seem to be improving quite quickly.

Any thoughts keyboard warriors?

Last edited:
U

User6179

Was going to post this other day , when I get back from a ride I cant read any text messages on my phone or read a newspaper till my eyes adjust , I was wondering if it was my sunglasses causing it !? , Never considered blood pressure :sad:.

U

User6179

Not that SNSSO, both eyes were equally blurry yet neither felt aggravated by anything, both came on together, developed at the same rate and subsided equally as well.

Another thought is maybe you need glasses on the bike and are straining to see while cycling and they need time to readjust when you get home .

OP
OP
smokeysmoo

smokeysmoo

Legendary Member
Another thought is maybe you need glasses on the bike and are straining to see while cycling and they need time to readjust when you get home .
Possibly, TBH I do wear glasses for distance, but they aren't strong and I tend not to bother when riding/running, but it's never happened before.

BigAl68

Über Member
That's also a very plausable explanation. Did you eat before going out as @Cold States this is another possible cause especially if you didn't eat and your blood sugar was low.

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
It could be a number of things. Blood pressure, not eating or drinking enough, and or temporary biabetes hypoglycemia as per the above poster. I would advise you to go and see your Dr.

OP
OP
smokeysmoo

smokeysmoo

Legendary Member
That's also a very plausable explanation. Did you eat before going out as @Cold States this is another possible cause especially if you didn't eat and your blood sugar was low.
I'd had some toast maybe about an hour before I went out which is probably about the norm if I'm going out at morning.

Trevor_P

I'm leaning towards the EINDH myself now, (thanks for that), but I'll keep my eye on things and if nothing else happens I'll just mention it next time I'm at the vets :thumbsup:
Noooo. go and see the vet now. If it's blood pressure related it needs sorting. Self diagnosis is just excusing the issue. Putting off seeing the vet for something can lead to it getting worse, catching it early generally leads to a better outcome.

Top Bottom