Bmc team machine alr disc 2

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
Yes and yes. Lovely bike, I really like the look of BMC frames.

netman

Veteran
Can't find a max rider weight for the bike, but you could try calling BMC - the max weight for the RS-170 wheels is 100kg including rider, bike and luggage... If it were me, I'd go ahead and just be gentle with it until I'd lost a bit...

OP
OP
V

Vernon7026

Regular
Thank you all

Cycleops

Legendary Member
As commented BMC are fine bikes but I’m just worried it may not be the best bike for you if you want to start cycling. Besides the weight issue I think you might find it a little uncomfortable. It’s got a very narrow racy seat and thin 25c tyres, not the best combination for someone who is overweight and just starting out.
In the present situation you won’t be able to try either. I should start with a hybrid or mountain bike and perhaps move on to a sportier bike later as you loose weight, perhaps even buy a secondhand, an old rigid framed MTB from the nine would be perfect, no problems with weight.
Sorry, I’m not trying to rain on your parade but I don’t want you to give up because you are not having a great experience.

si_c

Guru
It'll be fine don't worry about it. Worst that will happen is that the wheels will become a little out of true if you hit a pothole really hard but being disc braked that's not going to affect you too much.

Check the wheels don't wobble from side to side periodically and if they do get them trued up by your local bike shop or learn to do it yourself (takes a bit of practice but you can't break anything and there are plenty of tutorials on youtube - search for how to true a bike wheel).

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Welcome to the world of cycling :hello:

How much riding have you done before? That's a hell of a starter bike and quite expensive for trying 'social cycling'.

Part of the fun and part of the journey is starting out with a more basic bike and then finding out what kind of bike you want and need though experience. You might even find that cycling is not for you and finding that out after spending £2k on a bike would be an expensive experiment.

OP
OP
V

Vernon7026

Regular
No I am a cyclist just not a pro , that’s my goal (not to be pro) but social and some amateur races , I do have a bike at the moment is a specialized sirrus hybrid , decent bike , I test rode a bergamont E
Road bike , and was awesome , but feel I need to stick with traditional bike , and at £3600 , I think I’ll be ok

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
No I am a cyclist just not a pro , that’s my goal (not to be pro) but social and some amateur races , I do have a bike at the moment is a specialized sirrus hybrid , decent bike , I test rode a bergamont E
Road bike , and was awesome , but feel I need to stick with traditional bike , and at £3600 , I think I’ll be ok
Ok, a bit of a misunderstanding then. I think I and possibly a few others got the impression from reading your first post that you were just starting and this would be your first bike?

Top Bottom