Boardman 8.9e ADV vs. Orbea Gain D40

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
M

MattC18

Hmm, I take that back. Halfords has a sale on, and the 8.9e ADV is cheaper than I've seen it before - £2429.
Not bad at all, especially compared to other Fazia-based bikes.
I can get the Orbea D40 for £2,300 due to a discount through my work so that is currently the favourite, although it does change on a daily basis :laugh:

PDJR15

I tested an Orbea but eventually plumped for the Ribble SLe. I have no complaints about it .90% country roads and 10% gravel. I've been running since the summer, cover about 180 miles a week commuting. I charge once a week and only use for the hill at either end of my ride.

Ive purchased one of these as well. Gives it extra oomph up Holbrook hill

1642948861441.png

Last edited:

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
I tested an Orbea but eventually plumped for the Ribble SLe. I have no complaints about it .90% country roads and 10% gravel. I've been running since the summer, cover about 180 miles a week commuting. I charge once a week and only use for the hill at either end of my ride.

Ive purchased one of these as well. Gives it extra oomph up Holbrook hill

View attachment 627850
it wont give extra ooomph, it just bypass's the speed limit of 25mkh. Its torque that gives the bike oooomph and on the orbea its only 40nm, some mtbs are 60,70, 80, NM of torque......

i rode with a mate recently me with 50nm E bike and him with 65nm ebike, when it came to hills it just carried him quicker due to the extra torque, but his battery ran out 10 miles from home and i had 2 bars left........

Top Bottom