Boardman comp hybrid, is this a good choice for me?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Guvnor

I've got the Boardman Pro Hybrid and for speed, you cant go wrong. I dont actually have any problems with hills on this bike but others seem to. The Boardman your looking at is a cracking bike and as you've already said that you have no hills on your commute then imo, you cant go wrong. Its a lot of bike for the money and it puts a smile on my face everytime i look at.:rofl:

Black knight

Was looking at this bike too (Boardman). Need to go get some parts today so hopefully I'll get a look at one.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
the thing you have to worry about is the condition in which the bike reaches you. Have the wheels been checked over and the spokes re-tensioned? Has the derailleur arm been checked and straightened if need be? Any bike in this kind of price range has to be put together by somebody who knows what they're doing, and has the time to do it well. I'm afraid to say that if you're buying the bike by mail order or from Halfords you may be disappointed.

We compared like for like when we got the kid her Ridgeback Flight 01 (subsequently stolen) and hybrid bikes in this sort of range are fantastic value for money. The one failing is that if you were tempted to take it on a longer run the straight bars do prove wearing on the arms and shoulders.

Harbornite

I have the Hybrid Pro & some of my colleagues have the Comp - can't fault the bikes. No problems with hills, the bike has been totally reliable.

Halfords service is indifferent to say the least.

Top Bottom