Boardman Comp

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nevica

Hello,

I'm the proud owner of a Boardman Comp. It's a great bike - very nippy and able. I have ridden it in two races with no problems.

This is a lightweight aluminium frame with 105 rear shifter, Ritchey Comp Rims and Ritchey finishing kit.

I have recently put on a new saddle (San Marco SKN) which makes a big difference and Ultegra pedals.

How can I improve the bike more. I thought I could start with the tyres. Any suggestions?

What could I change next?

Nevica

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
Tyres are the most cost effective upgrades, though you don't say what you are running at the moment. Vredestein Fortezza Tricomps are the best I have used, Veloflex are said to be even better.

Beware of change for changes sake though, if you are happy with the way the bike rides give it time before you put yourself in hock by splashing out on expensive wheels and the like.

accountantpete

Brexiteer
Michelin Pro 3's are very good - some puncture protection but still pretty light. I'd also take a look at the inner tubes as they usually put some heavy rubbish on to keep the cost down- Michelin Aircomps are good.

Best upgrade is a good set of wheels - circa £300+. - as they will be a lot lighter and stiffer meaning more of your effort is directed at moving the bike forwards.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Michelin Pro 3's are very good - some puncture protection but still pretty light. I'd also take a look at the inner tubes as they usually put some heavy rubbish on to keep the cost down- Michelin Aircomps are good.

Best upgrade is a good set of wheels - circa £300+. - as they will be a lot lighter and stiffer meaning more of your effort is directed at moving the bike forwards.
What ^^^^ he said!

Garz

Squat Member
I take it he's still running the original conti ultra sports which aren't too bad but didn't last that long for me. I agree that the best major upgrade (as in will make most difference) will be a decent set of wheels however this should be in excess of £300 like mentioned to even start being better than the ritchey DS ones provided.

Top Bottom