Boardman CX Team

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

david k

Hi
new bike now with new tyres and bottom bracket

image.jpg
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

jack smith

Veteran
Bb30? Those boardmans tend to have bb30 issues apparently but if im honest i think its because halfords dont press them in correctly lol great looking bike mind i loved my boardman road bike (probably more than the cervelo i ride now)

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Bb30? Those boardmans tend to have bb30 issues apparently but if im honest i think its because halfords dont press them in correctly lol great looking bike mind i loved my boardman road bike (probably more than the cervelo i ride now)
Do halfords press them in? I would of thought all halfords do is check brakes, straighten bars etc as the bike would already be built in the box

Citius

Halfords don't fit the BB. The bikes arrive pre-assembled in boxes and Halfords just fit the front wheel, fit the pedals and straighten the bars.

jack smith

Veteran
What i mean is they wear out and halfords refit them and they get them back in again and again due to creaking ect. Thats what the "mechanic" in the shop tood me anyway i just sniggered lol i didnt have a bearing lress so asked them to do it and after seeing them put one in a boardman i decided ill risk it on my own witha. Threaded bar instead of letting that monkey smack my s works frame with a metal hammer.

OP
OP
david k

david k

Hi
Wasn't the bb30 was the fs30 or something lie, that. Started creaking very quickly, they changed it I couldn't stop the creaking so they asked board man who sent them an upgraded part, that's fitted and works fine

I've also put a new seat on the boardman one was terrible, I've ordered a black,stem and will fit it upside down so it's higher up

Top Bottom