Boardman CX Tyre Clearance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mallory

Right. I am swaying between getting either a hybrid or CX bike for my forthcoming commuting.

It needs to be used all year inc. snow and ice thru the streets of NW London. So mudguards and snow studs (in winter) are a must.

Will the Boardman take the 38mm Schwalbe Snow studs or the Marathon Winter 35mm and mudguards at the same time?

I don't believe a hybrid would give the option of running both.

tigger

Über Member
My guess would be no. I run 30mm marathon race and guards and there's not much room. I don't think I could run the original tyres which came with the bike and guards. Hope that helps?

lb81

Right. I am swaying between getting either a hybrid or CX bike for my forthcoming commuting.

It needs to be used all year inc. snow and ice thru the streets of NW London. So mudguards and snow studs (in winter) are a must.

Will the Boardman take the 38mm Schwalbe Snow studs or the Marathon Winter 35mm and mudguards at the same time?

I don't believe a hybrid would give the option of running both.

I have a boardman cx and use it as you describe your intended use! I currently have 38's fitted and there is still decent clearance. I don't run guards but would have no issues with fitting some i would think.

Top Bottom