Boardman or Canyon?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Everyone who buys a bike on c2w thinks they are going to use the bike, few do. I think it is a very bad idea and a waste of tax payers money.
Your 'few' is rather anecdotal. Plenty of forumers and indeed commuters in the wider world use C2W bikes to C2W

It's not the tax payers' money...the individual pays less tax, no one else pays anything

OP
OP
O

Olbra

Unfortunately I have little choice other than cycle to work, which is why I am taking advantage of the scheme.

I recently bought a house in a weird location in relation to where my office is where there is no public transport that goes directly there. I can't really afford a car either so the options are a lengthy walk or cycle...

I was going to have to buy a bike anyway so why not get more bang for my buck with the cycle scheme? In my opinion the scheme is fantastic and has enabled many people to get better quality bikes that they're happier to commute on...

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Unfortunately I have little choice other than cycle to work, which is why I am taking advantage of the scheme.

I recently bought a house in a weird location in relation to where my office is where there is no public transport that goes directly there. I can't really afford a car either so the options are a lengthy walk or cycle...

I was going to have to buy a bike anyway so why not get more bang for my buck with the cycle scheme? In my opinion the scheme is fantastic and has enabled many people to get better quality bikes that they're happier to commute on...

You're getting a bike and riding to work.. what's not to like :okay:

screenman

Legendary Member
Almost as good!

As an aside, I have purchased 2 bikes via C2W schemes, neither go to the office more than a few times a year. I ride my other 7 bikes and commute daily. Does that make me a bad person?

Well it would make you a hypocrite if you spoke badly of tax dodgers, but that is nit picking a bit.

Top Bottom