Boardman Revisited ... better pic uploaded

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
After doing some very nerdish measuring of my bikes i have discovered the reason why i have been feeling not quite right on the Boardman, i have to hold the brakes right on top of the brake levers to feel right and its because the stem is 10 mm shorter than my other bike ....

Cue a trip to the LBS to buy a Deda 110 mm stem and to replace the conti ultra sports that are absolutely shocking in the wet with white edged Blizzards..

Changed the bar tape as well as the white original tape was starting to look dirty already.

The angle of the drops might need a tweak but i will fine tune them when i ride.

Picture not very good quality , energy bulbs ...

Attachments

• Photo0008.jpg
    Photo0008.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 238

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
As you say, angles of the drops could be tweaked.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

Bar tape could be tweaked I just feel the black doesn't suit that bike.

The original white looked nice , for a few weeks untill it started to look grubby no matter how i cleaned it, yellow might work as the bike has yellow accents on the inside of the forks and chain stays.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

That's exactly the opposite to my experience - I've got the Conti Ultra Sports on my Scott and they are no problem at all in the wet.

I was wheel spinning on hills and on corners i had to slow down to a crawl to get round.

Since the photo i have now added some sks raceblades at the request to all members of the head of our cycle club, had to do a bit of bending of the stays on the front one to get it to fit as the angle of the fork meant the guard was touching the wheel.

OP
OP
cyberknight

cyberknight

Here is a better quality picture, handlebar angle changed and now i have stuck some sks gaurds on as requested by the club .

This was taken after a 23 mile spin to get it feeling right...

Attachments

• Photo0009.jpg
    Photo0009.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 109
Top Bottom