Boardman SLR 9.4 elite Headset - Which one? - SOLVED

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Heisenberg71

When you're dead, you're dead
My Boardman SLR 9.4 elite needs yet another headset. The last being just ten months ago when I had the LBS fit it. A bit disappointing to have to do it again, but I have done a lot of miles this year.

I fancy doing it myself this time but I have no idea which bearing to buy. I could pull the bearing out, check the numbers and order one in. However I don't want the bike off the road for a few days whilst I wait for it to arrive as I am training for a BIG four day ride right now.

I have looked all over t'interweb and I can't find confirmation of which bearing I need anywhere. Anyone know what it is please?

vickster

Legendary Member
Contact Boardman? Ask your LBS?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
It's a 20 minute job tops to take out the bearings, check the markings and pop back in. It also allows you to check how bad they are, or indeed if it's just one bearing.

OP
OP
Heisenberg71

Heisenberg71

When you're dead, you're dead
Figured it out with a call to Boardman and a trip to my LBS who fitted just a lower bearing there and then from stock. Awesome service by the lads at Cycle Technology in Wakefield. In case you also need one here is what you need.

image.png

Top Bottom