Boardman Team - cassette

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Willo

Anyone know the size of the cassette on a Boardman Team (not the carbon) road bike. Currently flirting with the N+1 theory and have currently narrowed my choices down to a Felt Z85 or a Boardman Team based on spec within the £1k C2W limit. Can't seem to find the answer from Halfords website and a visit to the local store at the weekend was the usual theme of lots of customers, no staff in sight (and couldn't really get to the model on display to do a manual count, although from what I could see the biggest looked somewhere in the region of 25-28t

Mark Grant

Acting Captain of The St Annes Jombulance.
12-25

http://www.halfords....yId_165710#dtab

EDIT sorry thay's the carbon, but I I think it wil still be 12 - 25

EDIT the EDIT

Try this

http://www.halfords....yId_165710#dtab

OP
OP
Willo

Willo

Thanks Mark. Was looking at the Boardman site itself, rather than Halfords which has the fuller spec. 12-25 it is, so the Felt is still favourite for now with lower gearing for those Kentish mountains!! Just got to decide whether now or wait until next Spring.

I can't find confirmation of the cassette the Boardman has fitted, all I can find is reference to CS-5700 which can be 11-25, 12-27 and 11-28.
Either way, get the bike you like, a replacement 12-27 \ 11-28 cassette should only cost a few quid and shouldn't be the sole reason to discount a good bike.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I can't find confirmation of the cassette the Boardman has fitted, all I can find is reference to CS-5700 which can be 11-25, 12-27 and 11-28.
Either way, get the bike you like, a replacement 12-27 \ 11-28 cassette should only cost a few quid and shouldn't be the sole reason to discount a good bike.

+1 if your spending that sort of money on a bike another £30 or so is not going to make much difference.

Alternatively go down market and get the boardman comp that comes with a compact double and an 11-32 cassette :smile:

I love my comp , i think the only real difference is you have sram apex rather than 105 and the wheels are slightly lower spec.

OP
OP
Willo

Willo

Thanks. More or less decided to wait until the spring given my Allez is more than adequate for the winter plus want to explore whether a steel road bike could be an option within the boudaries of c2w limits.

jig-sore

Formerly the anorak
last seasons team had a compact up front (not sure about the new one), so this would give you the lower gears you want.

you need to look at the available ratios, not just the rear cassette :becool:

Top Bottom