Bob the Builder is at it again

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Idiot neighbour is at it again.

Got up this morning and he's left a load of scaffolding and brick waste on 'common' land opposite my house. We are in a cul de sac and the land is next to his drive, about 20 foot away in fact, but between him and another neighbour. Do I leave it a few days, then fly tip report it if not moved, or just report it as I don't actually know where it's come from or indeed if it was actually him, but he is the only builder on the road, and likes to deliberately hiss folk off ?

classic33

Leg End Member
Report fly tipping, he'll never say it was him.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Idiot neighbour is at it again.

Got up this morning and he's left a load of scaffolding and brick waste on 'common' land opposite my house. We are in a cul de sac and the land is next to his drive, about 20 foot away in fact, but between him and another neighbour. Do I leave it a few days, then fly tip report it if not moved, or just report it as I don't actually know where it's come from or indeed if it was actually him, but he is the only builder on the road, and likes to deliberately hiss folk off ?

Edit, the neighbour not the builder...
I suspect it will be moved asap.
Its easier to pick up if you have some room.

He maybe a pizz taker tho

Most builders know neighbours will soon pick up the phone..

Slick

Guru
If the carncil fly tipping taliban ask him I'm sure he'll be more inclined to clear it up quickly, and not inflict his eyesore on the neighbours again.
I'm probably wrong but if he's a builder he may be either getting it prepared for uplift or maybe a delivery ready to erect scaffolding for some sort of repair rather than just getting rid. Ofcourse I could be very wrong which is why I suggested asking him.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I'll hang on a few days. I don't speak to him as he has a habit of threatening violence, and I may just laugh. If its not moved in a few days I will call the council. TBH he apparently unloaded it from his van, where he could have put it in the other knackered van on his drive. A scrappy could make a fair few bob from it.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
You could organize an angry mob :smile:

giphy.gif

Drago

Legendary Member
I'm probably wrong but if he's a builder he may be either getting it prepared for uplift or maybe a delivery ready to erect scaffolding for some sort of repair rather than just getting rid. Ofcourse I could be very wrong which is why I suggested asking him.
Either way, slapping it on public land for the neighbours to admire is selfish, thoughtless, and generally out of line. If he wants land to store stuff or he should use his own.

Fossyant is far too nice. I'd have dobbed him in within seconds of it appearing.,

Slick

Guru
Either way, slapping it on public land for the neighbours to admire is selfish, thoughtless, and generally out of line. If he wants land to store stuff or he should use his own.

Fossyant is far too nice. I'd have dobbed him in within seconds of it appearing.,
Fair enough, but not all repairs can be made without cracking a few eggs and there seems to be a clamour to phone the cooncil at the drop of a hat. I'm not commenting on the current situation, but in general.

Top Bottom