Bobby Julich 'fesses up and is released by Sky

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Sky had a zero tolerance approach from the outset. Folk in their employ have been economical with the actualité if they've joined Sky without having gone public about their doping past first. They've misled their employer by omission and that is a huge breach of trust.

Garmin have a more optimistic approach. They are prepared to hire folk who have admitted their past misdeeds before being hired and will sign up to a very strong anti-doping stance, on the basis that they wont go down that route again. Theyve not misled their employer and there is no breach of trust.

If we assume doping was endemic then they were all dopers right? We can't make that assumption.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
There is the pragmatic (Garmin)

It's more like a reintegrative or restorative justice approach - people who know can do more good by helping others to avoid the same mistakes.

Sky had a zero tolerance approach from the outset. Folk in their employ have been economical with the actualité if they've joined Sky without having gone public about their doping past first. They've misled their employer by omission and that is a huge breach of trust.

Garmin have a more optimistic approach. They are prepared to hire folk who have admitted their past misdeeds before being hired and will sign up to a very strong anti-doping stance, on the basis that they wont go down that route again. Theyve not misled their employer and there is no breach of trust.

If we assume doping was endemic then they were all dopers right? We can't make that assumption.
Did Sky actually always say to folk "you cannot work for us if you ever doped or were involved in doping at any time ?" My guess is that it was more "dope and you are out for good". This retrospective fundamentalist policy is going to bite them in the arse, but fair do's for sticking to their guns, so long as it applies to everyone and anyone who admits a past, regardless of who they are.

Dilbert

Did Sky actually always say to folk "you cannot work for us if you ever doped or were involved in doping at any time ?" My guess is that it was more "dope and you are out for good". This retrospective fundamentalist policy is going to bite them in the arse, but fair do's for sticking to their guns, so long as it applies to everyone and anyone who admits a past, regardless of who they are.
I think it was their approach from the start. Dave B is very close to Dave Millar (was with him when he was arrested and I think unofficially helped him) but would not take him on the Sky project due to his past. As for the "unconvicted" whether they asked people and were lied to, or operated a don't ask don't tell policy I don't know.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Tis their arse. To do with as they please.

My understanding of the setup mirrors Dilbert's.

montage

God Almighty
It's more like a reintegrative or restorative justice approach - people who know can do more good by helping others to avoid the same mistakes.

Bobby Julich certainly seems like one of these people, having read the letter - apart from that though I have sod all knowledge about him

Top Bottom