Body Armour

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pedalpusher

Can anyone recommend a modest body armour system. I want something flexible, rather than rigid plastic, and not too serious looking.

I quite like the look of the 661 stuff and am only really looking for elbow and knee protectors - I had a nasty fall yesterday for the first time ever since learning to cycle 35 years ago, and have gouged lumps out of my left elbow and knee.

The stupid thing was I had done all the technical rocky descents and went through a puddle on the Peak Forest Canal towpath on my way home. Turned out to be a crater filled with muddy water, and the far edge (about 6-8 inches deep) was totally submerged, so it was just like riding into an invisible step.

The hole is just west of the bridge over Hyde Bank Tunnel north of Marple in case anyone else is heading that way - it is easy to get round (it was totally avoidable), and I have reported it to British Waterways.

Any recommendations (other than don't put your front wheel where you can't see) gratefully received!

Cheers

PP

Cubist

Still wavin'
Kyle Strait if you like 661. Cubester wears his on every ride as his knees were starting to look badly scarred. Should be able to get the knee pads on fleabay at £30 to £40. They're light and flexible, and look pretty cool even under long shorts.

Top Bottom