Boiler/Immersion Heater

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Got a Worcester boiler and first time this evening no hot water. Have a Water storage tank upstairs that boiler fills and then stores the water. If boiler fails can flick a switch and immersion on. Things is its controlled by nest app and worked fine just heating water for an hour twice a day and always had hot water. Boiler working fine and central heating all good but no hot water.
Any ideas ?

Lookrider

Do you have a zone valve ne t to tbe copper pipe that goes I to tbe boiler just below the centre of the boiler
A zone valve will have a grey/white square body on top approx 70mm wide

Venod

Eh up
As above look for a diverter/zone valve, they have a microswitch and a synchronous motor, both of which can fail or stick.

OP
OP
T

Tripster

This is what I have
3B0117AD-A89A-4EB1-B5C9-4AE057F02437.jpeg

Lookrider

Switch on/off your hot water by tbe timer/programme you should hear and feel the actuator head moving on tbe valve
You can do the same with tbe heating to identify which zone valve us what as the photo doesn't really tell

So if you can feel/ hear the valves operate then it may be tbe stat that is strapped onto tbe hot water cylinder
Failing that ...its an engineer call out

OP
OP
T

Tripster

Switch on/off your hot water by tbe timer/programme you should hear and feel the actuator head moving on tbe valve
You can do the same with tbe heating to identify which zone valve us what as the photo doesn't really tell

So if you can feel/ hear the valves operate then it may be tbe stat that is strapped onto tbe hot water cylinder
Failing that ...its an engineer call out
Brilliant will give it a go. Thanks. Its all warrantied so be ok if its a call out just a pain when you need a warm shower. The room with hot water tank in is usually warm but feels cold tonight

Lookrider

Brilliant will give it a go. Thanks. Its all warrantied so be ok if its a call out just a pain when you need a warm shower. The room with hot water tank in is usually warm but feels cold tonight
If you can identify that the valve is not operating
Then you can manually override it by moving a little lever on the head from one side to tbe other ...you can feel the lever sticking out this will leave tbe valve open so hot water can travel to your tank
If you think the valve is operating then your stat may be at fault and will need renewed
In the meantime manually open the valve as described and leave CH on as this will keep the boiler fired up

Milzy

Guru

OP
OP
T

Tripster

If you can identify that the valve is not operating
Then you can manually override it by moving a little lever on the head from one side to tbe other ...you can feel the lever sticking out this will leave tbe valve open so hot water can travel to your tank
If you think the valve is operating then your stat may be at fault and will need renewed
In the meantime manually open the valve as described and leave CH on as this will keep the boiler fired up
I’m guessing you mean these two in picture ? Neither moves but the heat sinks for the nest click and start up.
F32277CF-5A47-4732-9D23-F78E5BF7B712.jpeg
0E086B4D-3CFD-4EB5-94E9-68433376F0E7.jpeg

Lookrider

I'm not sure about your wording on tbe last ??
You can see tbe lever on the top of the valve
There is a similar valve next to your tank

OP
OP
T

Tripster

I'm not sure about your wording on tbe last ??
You can see tbe lever on the top of the valve
There is a similar valve next to your tank
The two in pic they don’t seem to move but the white heat syncs linked to the nest do click and whirr into life with water or heating on. Will go find the box by tank and open that.
thanks again for help, much appreciated. :okay:

Lookrider

Ok I got you ....the manual override lever should give you hot water
Then tbe engineer can work out what needs repaired/replaced

Top Bottom