Boiler/Immersion Heater

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Venod

Eh up
If the valves have opened to allow the water to flow the lever should move very easily, if you have to apply force to the lever to move it you are opening the valve manually.

OP
OP
T

Tripster

All working again. Many thanks for replies and help :okay:

OP
OP
T

Tripster

What was the problem then?

Don’t leave us hanging. :cold:
It was one of the valves as posters advised but not buggered. The nest heat sync system wasn't telling it to open. 10 mins and all good. Thankfully have immersion as back up if boiler fails so switched that on after messing other night till they came to look at it.
I was thinking of Solar Panels to heat water in tank but expected more of a saving than interweb suggests so maybe not bother with that.

It was one of the valves as posters advised but not buggered. The nest heat sync system wasn't telling it to open. 10 mins and all good. Thankfully have immersion as back up if boiler fails so switched that on after messing other night till they came to look at it.
I was thinking of Solar Panels to heat water in tank but expected more of a saving than interweb suggests so maybe not bother with that.

How hard did you have to hit the valve with a hammer to get it working again? Ordid you use WD40? :laugh:

OP
OP
T

Tripster

I have recently had a Nest Thermostat installed and really like it.

Interestingly, pre Nest, my Potterton Gas Boiler would occasionally light with a hell of a bang, but now always fires up nice and smoothly.
It was installed when we moved in 2019 and is actually really good but its gone into seasonal learning mode and thinks it knows best when I want heating !! But energy bills reduced to £75 a month and before was paying £125 a month so cant complain about it too much.

It was installed when we moved in 2019 and is actually really good but its gone into seasonal learning mode and thinks it knows best when I want heating !! But energy bills reduced to £75 a month and before was paying £125 a month so cant complain about it too much.

Wow! :eek: That’s a good saving. I’ve got that setting turned off at the moment as my mother lives with us, is always in, but never has occasion to walk past the thermostat. So I’m worried it would think there was no one in and turn the heating off.

OP
OP
T

Tripster

Wow! :eek: That’s a good saving. I’ve got that setting turned off at the moment as my mother lives with us, is always in, but never has occasion to walk past the thermostat. So I’m worried it would think there was no one in and turn the heating off.
Yep, mine did that until I set a schedule. It heats water twice a day, 1 hour in morning and 1 in evening and storage tank keeps it hot all day. At moment with home schooling its changed itself to come on once during day to put a bit of heat back into house but temp never goes below 18 with it off. Started out at £140 with Scottish power, then went with Octopus energy and in December they dropped DD to £75 a month gas/elec. Nest has done its job so far

Top Bottom