Bolt Centre Diameter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simongt

Guru
I currently have a 40t Stronglight single chainring on my Galaxy to comply with the SA X-RF8 hub I've just had fitted. I supplied the 40t to my LBS for the job as I had it avaible.
However, in the five year gap since I'd used the Sa hub on the bike that was trashed in an RTA, I'd overlooked that the chainring on that bike was an SA specific of probably 33 - 36t. No wonder I was struggling when I took my Galaxy out on Thursday - ! :laugh:
Thus I'm looking to replace the 40t with a 34t, but I seem to be having a match issue with the BCD, as I'd rather assumed that 'a five arm Stronglight is a five arm Stronglight' and would have the same BCD. However, the 40t ring on the five arm spider on my Galaxy has a 62mm BCD as far as I can see with my manual vernier caliper and the 34t Stronglight I've found on EBay has a 64.2mm BCD for a 110mm chainring.
Am I missing something and can someone put me in the right direction - ? :whistle: I could simply take it to my LBS, but it's something that is in theory, a simple fix and would prefer to do it myself. :smile:

Last edited:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Funnily enough, I have just had a friend come round trying to scrounge an old chainring. We were looking up BCD data HERE.

Top Bottom