Bond Spoiler Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So what did we think?? Here are some topic starters, but feel free to ad-lib:
  • too long
  • Music not "classic" enough
  • Too woke.
  • EDIT: best quip*
  • Scarring shouldn't be code for Bad Guy
  • Did Ana de Armas steal the show
  • I am now DEFINITELY going to ride up the Atlanterhavs highway. Soon. Real soon.
  • So what new number DID they allocate? We need to know FFS!
  • Pfft. That would never happen.
  • Was the air really dusty as the credits rolled?
  • Connery still best Bond
  • Whishaw best Q Evs.
  • Hottest babe? (Yes you can choose Whishaw)
  • That Ending. discuss.

*I'd go for: "I can understand why you tried to shoot him."

Last edited:
Will wait till I can download. Didn't fancy nearly 3 hours in a cinema here, with Thai subtitles.

Drago

Legendary Member
So what did we think?? Here are some topic starters, but feel free to ad-lib:
  • too long
  • Music not "classic" enough
  • Too woke.
  • Scarring shouldn't be code for Bad Guy
  • Did Ana de Armas steal the show
  • I am now DEFINITELY going to ride up the Atlanterhavs highway. Soon. Real soon.
  • So what new number DID they allocate? We need to know FFS!
  • Pfft. That would never happen.
  • Was the air really dusty as the credits rolled?
  • Connery still best Bond
  • WHishaw best Q Evs.
  • Hottest babe? (Yes you can choose Whishaw)
  • That Ending. discuss.
Moore was the best Bond. Connery or Craig would have shat themselves if they had to face Jaws.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Disappointing gadget count, a strikingly aged protagonist and a distinctly uninspiring baddy just the most obvious hallmarks of a franchise which has surely outrun its era. We actually quite enjoyed it nevetheless, and all due kudos to those who negotiated the numerous 'woke' and other challenges to produce something genuinely watchable and even quite entertaining, but you can't help feeling JB's days must be numbered.

Reactions: C R

C R

Guru
Yawn, the plot is exactly the same as every other bond movie. The only difference is that bond actually dies this time, and the final scene sets the stage for the prequels that will now come.

wormo

Guru
I thought the film was good. I must have enjoyed it because it flew by even if thick end of 3 hours long. Timothy Dalton my favourite Bond followed by Daniel Craig. A film which sits well with a modern outlook on life. And even Q had a social life.

I really have no interest in seeing it, but I did enjoy this review with all the spoilers, by David Mitchell.
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/oct/10/ah-mr-bond-i-was-expecting-you-to-entertain-me
He's always good, isn't he? (and too clever by half. AND has a brainy/gorgeous wife ... )
It is a little cheeky though: that sarcastic title, and yet he's quite clear in the article:

"It’s an enjoyable film: it’s exciting, it looks great and is, perhaps surprisingly, quite a conventional Bond film in structure.
Daniel Craig has turned the character into someone much more real, with human emotions, needs and weaknesses, whose thrill-packed but ultimately vacuous peripatetic lifestyle has left him desolate and broken. It is well directed and brilliantly performed and the film ends with an elegant if melancholic coda that genuinely says something insightful about storytelling."

It's pretty clear that he DID entertain Mr Mitchell! His conclusion is that he would be happier if the film was a little more shoot :P (A typically Mitchell statement, for which I love him.)

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
So what new number DID they allocate? We need to know FFS!
But that is the clever bit, they have killed 'James Bond', but they have already introduced the concept of reallocating 007 to someone else. So in future we can hundreds of 007 films, just no more 'Bond' films.

I wonder if the eventual first 007 woman will shag everyone she comes across?

Reckon someone of this parish could fit the bill nicely for the next Bond. Can just see him/her pressing a button on his/her briefcase, and out pops a Brompton (or similar) and off he/she goes in pursuit of a villainous devil intent of wanton destruction of the known universe.

I'll have a lie down now.

Reactions: C R
Top Bottom