Bonj. In a box. With a zonkey.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
Encourages who? ;)

"Ivancarlos" said:
If i've missed the mark then sorry. Its just how it reads thats all
Nothing personal Ivan, it's just that historically the C word has been misused so often. The attitude of some people seemed to be that if a group of people have developed some kind of online relationship then they are, by default, a clique. This has always annoyed me because cliques are hostile and exist for the sole purpose of excluding 'outsiders'. The only way a clique could operate on CC would be for that group to conspire to shut down threads started by non-members and to either ignore or harass non-members. I hope you would agree that this simply does not happen here and never did on C+.
I may not be aware of all the in-jokes amongst the various sub-groups on here but I don't assume that the people making them are doing so just to exclude me. I left the old forum for a year, coming back just before the BR debacle kicked off, and I'm having to start again. Most of the people I had developed friendships with on C+ went to ACF. A lot of the people on here (but by no means all) started on C+ after I left, so I'm a stranger to them. But again, I don't assume they are a 'clique', I just accept that I have to be patient and develop new friendships.
As for the subject at hand, the baiting of Bonj, well it may seem a tad cruel but it's teasing rather than hostility. Bonj may have acquired a bit of a fan club but he is most certainly part of this community and I don't think even his most ardent critic (hello Mr Paul!) would deny that.
Sorry if I'm ranting, it's just that the C word annoys me quite a lot. Like I said, it's not personal.

Arch

Married to Night Train
chris42 said:
There is no Clique here.
I don't know anyone but bonj is really really funny!

Yes, I'm belatedly realising that the best thing is to regard him as a parody of himself...

But when someone says something daft, I just can't help trying to correct them, I just can't!

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
i'm rothbook, and so's my wife ;)

bonj2

hmmm... no I don't think you're rothbook any more Paul.. But I definitely know for a fact that Tynan IS rothbook.

Top Bottom