Bonjour from Wickford in Essex

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GeoffCapes

Hi all.

Just stumbled across this forum when I was looking for a few bits and bobs on the WWW.

This site looks far busier than others I've seen so I thought I'd join. :rolleyes:

Just out of interest, what the first thing most people have upgraded on their bike?

I've had my Specialized Allez Sport since August last year, and I'm one of these people who just likes tinkering with their stuff (sounds a bit wrong that!)

So what is the first thing people upgraded on their bike?

Welcome to CC from a Brentwood boy in exile!

Don't know about others, but I go for more pun*ture-proof tyres.

Although saying that, I just upgraded from Shimano RS10s to Mavic Ksyrium Elites.

Enjoy your cycling, and the forum!

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
welcome geof

do you know a quiet route from wickford to southend?
i've gotten lost twice down that way and had to use the A129

C

chillyuk

Hi GC from Harlow (well someone has to live here). As I tend to buy older bikes I guess my first upgrade is often to a sealed bottom bracket.

Toeclip

Guru
Hello from another Essex rider, did you know you have a really good CTC group that meet every Sunday and start there rides from the Market cafe in Wickford.

LosingFocus

Lost it, got it again.
@Dayvo West Horndon,, just south of Brentwood.

Shrimp_Stu

welcome geof

do you know a quiet route from wickford to southend?
i've gotten lost twice down that way and had to use the A129

Why dont you got up to the Rettendon turnpike, down into Battlesbridge then into Watery Lane heading into Hullbridge. Through Hullbridge to Ashingdon out to Canewdon then through Stambridge, Rochford and out Barrow Hall Road to Barling (or straight on at the Anne Boleyn pub towards the airport).

Top Bottom