Bonjour!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yello

AliceTara said:
(i) how easy it is to rock up in the nearest town and find accommodation (e.g. are there loads of youth hostels or something similar)

Youth hostels, no. But you should be able to find a chambre d'hôtes (B&:smile: or some such. Depends how late you are into autumn but camp sites should still be open... and pretty quiet. Depends where you though.

(ii) how easy it is to take your bike on a train in France without pre-booking?

Regional trains, I'd say negligible problem... but you could strike unlucky. TGV is a different issue. If it was a vital journey, I'd pre-book it. That said, you could strike lucky!

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
hello

Crankarm

Guru
lanternerouge said:
Great advice guys, thanks... I need to get some proper miles in now I think!!

Hi!

Ride smart don't do too much too soon. Mix long rides with shorter ones. Don't go into zone 3 max heart rate territory either. Build up your stamina and power. I would limit yourself to 20-30 miles round trip to start with and ride these at varying tempos. Don't go for an 80 mile ride in week two. It will either give you an injury or kill you.

Also start eating a decent diet if you don't already. Nutrition and hydration are very important aspects to becoming a proficient cyclist. After a ride always do gentle stretching and massage leg muscles.

And..... don't push heavy gears; keep your cadence easy and comfortable.

Top Bottom