bonj's van

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
bonj said:
I am going to have curtains instead of a bulkhead, but curtains at the back would not be very good as I want to be able to see through the back window without having to keep opening them. I did think of a motor but thought it would be tantamount to over-engineering.

That's what net curtains are for man! Let you see out, but others can't see in.

I suggest a nice ruched Vienese blind style.

...let's hope he hasn't got a matching corrugated iron roof then...;)

Tetedelacourse

There's a picture emerging of Bonj, in a supermarket carpark on a barryboys night out, trying to tempt some teenage girl from sitting on the bonnet of a Saxo while the owner tries to blow the tyres and into the back of his rusty, white Mercedes van. Will the promise of net curtains which he's borrowed from his nan's prefab be enough?

I've said it before; what springs to my mind is that scene from Silence of the Lambs where Buffalo Bonj dons a fake sling and pretends to be wrestling an armchair into his van. Along comes a helpful lass and hey presto, he ends up wearing her skin.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Aperitif said:
...let's hope he hasn't got a matching corrugated iron roof then...;)

Nah, I doubt he has the imagination and character to carry off one these lovelies...

HVan.jpg

At a rally once, the H-van registrar arranged all the vans down two sides of a walkway and they called it Corrugation Street.

bonj2

Arch said:
That's what net curtains are for man! Let you see out, but others can't see in.

NET curtains? NET!? as in... frilly? are you mad, woman? I'm not having frilly curtains! ;) I don't want it to be like something out of the victorian age

bonj2

There's a picture emerging of Bonj, in a supermarket carpark on a barryboys night out, trying to tempt some teenage girl from sitting on the bonnet of a Saxo while the owner tries to blow the tyres and into the back of his rusty, white Mercedes van. Will the promise of net curtains which he's borrowed from his nan's prefab be enough?
funny. but: it isn't rusty, a merc, nor will it ever have 'net' curtains, or any form of 'netting' come to that. neither have I got a nan. Neither do I know any barryboys, so would be unlikely to go on a 'barryboys night out' (whatever that consists of) but I would barry it just for my own personal amusement and to see if it made it onto barryboys.

bonj2

Arch said:
Nah, I doubt he has the imagination and character to carry off one these lovelies...

HVan.jpg

At a rally once, the H-van registrar arranged all the vans down two sides of a walkway and they called it Corrugation Street.

that's quite class, actually, wouldn't mind one of those!

Arch said:

Now blinds would actually be quite nice, they'd have to be held on rails down either side though - otherwise they'd flap about when they were down -although I could only have them down when I'm stopped and leaving it with bikes in...but that would be a waste of them, if I had blinds I'd want nice blinds, and if I had nice blinds I'd want to use them.

Arch

Married to Night Train
bonj said:
that's quite class, actually, wouldn't mind one of those!

Good god, it's happened, bonj has quite liked something!;)

It certainly gets you noticed, and a lot of smiles when out and about. :biggrin:

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
bonj said:
NET curtains? NET!? as in... frilly? are you mad, woman? I'm not having frilly curtains! ;) I don't want it to be like something out of the victorian age

I think you'll look good with net curtains in your van. What type of van is it, it isnt one of those Ford KA 'vans' is it?

That old van looks pretty good, i think there was a programme that restored one of those. It looked good.

bonj2

well, it doesn't make any particular attempt to be weird, it doesn't defy tried, tested and trusted convention while still managing to look unique, and it doesn't have any iffy bits - but then again it looks fairly sturdy, and like it could hold a fair bit without being too big on the road.
You haven't got one, have you? :

bonj2

Joe24 said:
I think you'll look good with net curtains in your van. What type of van is it, it isnt one of those Ford KA 'vans' is it?

no it isn't a ford KA van, it's a nissan. And no it wouldn't look good with net curtains. It's having normal curtains. That's decided.

Arch

Married to Night Train
bonj said:
well, it doesn't make any particular attempt to be weird, it doesn't defy tried, tested and trusted convention while still managing to look unique, and it doesn't have any iffy bits - but then again it looks fairly sturdy, and like it could hold a fair bit without being too big on the road.
You haven't got one, have you? :

No, but my late partner had one, until he had to sell it because he wasn't really able to finish the resto - it went to a good home. We had some lovely trips in her, including Raid Tan Hill one New Year in the compant of hundreds of 2CVs, where she took off over a humpbacked bridge:ohmy:, and a week in the Cotswolds one Easter, when we slept in her, despite the three inches of snow that fell...

A little prone to rust in places, but then, that's classic vehicles for you. They were widely used in their time as fire tenders, police vans etc - and if you watch Belleville Rendezvous, you'll see them as Tour de France broom wagons...

They do have a very neat little footprint, but are capacious - camper conversions are quite common. And there's a handy lid you lift inside the cab to look at the engine. You just have to not mind not having a 4th gear...

Top Bottom