Bono makes me puke

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yello

Sorry, have to get this off my chest.

There's a U2 concert on the tele. I wish Bono would keep to the singing because his preaching is annoying the **** out of me. He's a slime ball gimp imho and his sycophancy is intended to cultivate an undeserved status rather than motivate people to resolve world poverty. The songs are shite too ;)

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
2 Simple solutions - either switch telly off or change channels ;)

U

User169

yello said:
Sorry, have to get this off my chest.

There's a U2 concert on the tele. I wish Bono would keep to the singing because his preaching is annoying the **** out of me. He's a slime ball gimp imho and his sycophancy is intended to cultivate an undeserved status rather than motivate people to resolve world poverty. The songs are shite too ;)

Will Self referred to Bono as the "David Brent" of the pop world. It seemed rather apt.

OP
OP
Y

yello

Blimey, the closet U2 fans are coming out!

Many many artists are quite happy to stay just that. Nobody expects nor is critical of them for just doing that. The Beatles, great band, but such a shame that they didn't do more for whooping cough.

Oh thank the lord, it's just ended!

graham56

Guru
Suppose he could part with some of his millions, that would help with world poverty and the starving! Not holding my breath though.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
u2 were excellent up until the joshua tree, when they disappeared up their areses imho.

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
yello said:
Neither are an option. The misses is watching it.

Take it your a U2 fan then.

No sorry - haven't a clue about U2 or Bono. Now U boats are a bit more interesting. Isn't Bono some sort of dog biscuit. Ooops no that would be Bonio :biggrin:

Why not distract the missus with some of the other :biggrin: ;) :sad:

k-dog

My favourite (untrue, unfortunately) Bono story:

At a recent U2 concert in Glasgow, Bono asked the audience for total quiet.

Then, in the silence, he started to slowly clap his hands, once every few seconds. Holding the audience in total silence, he said into the microphone, “Every time I clap my hands, a child in Africa dies.”

From the front of the crowd a voice pierced the quiet …

“Well, stop doin it then, ya evil bastard!”

yello said:
The songs are shite too :biggrin:

*WILD APPLAUSE*

Yes! At last! Someone else who realises that:

U2 are a bloody awful, piss-poor band.
The Edge is a ridiculously-monickered, balding, effects-dependent joke of a guitarist.
Bono has a face that millions would not tire of punching.

Question: if Bono is so concerned about world poverty, why does he spend so much on sunglasses and hats? Hypocritical gobshite.

Top Bottom