Book recommendation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

philinmerthyr

Über Member
I've just finished Wiggo's autobiography so am looking for the next book for my kindle.

Any recommendation on a good book with a road cycling influence would be welcome.

Globalti

Legendary Member
The Escape Artist by Matt Seaton.

Short but an excellent read and a good insight into club and roadie lore, with a shocking twist at the end.

screenman

Legendary Member
The Flying Scotsman was a good read, by Graeme Obree.

There was a few by that American guy, but I best no mention those.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
I recently read One Man and His Bike by Mike Carter. He cycled around the coastline of Britain. Amazing.

Booyaa

Veteran
How I Won The Yellow Jumper by Ned Boulting was quite enjoyable I found. Or the Tyler Hamilton one, although did sometimes come over as a bit of a hatchet job so if you like Lance you might not like this too much.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Seven deadly sins - David Walsh
Really gives you a long term overview of lance and how he tried to control every situation, great book which concludes that Lance is a shitbag

U

User169

I read "Slaying the Badger" by Richard Moore recently. It's about the battle between Hinualt and Lemond for the 1986 TdF and the run up to that tour. Well worth a read.

Crankarm

Guru
I recently read One Man and His Bike by Mike Carter. He cycled around the coastline of Britain. Amazing.

I read this, well not all, as I gave up when he reached South Wales. It was good until he reached Cape Wrath and cycled down the west coast of Scotland but then he seemed to lose interest as there are large chunks of the route missed out. I guess he thought these were just not interesting enough to tell us about. His observations and dry sense of humour were quite likeable. Guardian journo trying to become an author albeit of cycling travelogues.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
I read this, well not all, as I gave up when he reached South Wales. It was good until he reached Cape Wrath and cycled down the west coast of Scotland but then he seemed to lose interest as there are large chunks of the route missed out. I guess he thought these were just not interesting enough to tell us about. His observations and dry sense of humour were quite likeable. Guardian journo trying to become an author albeit of cycling travelogues.

I guess he had to keep the size of the book somewhat manageable, or it would have been double the size!

Top Bottom