Booked my first Sportive...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fubar

Guru

Rasmus

Without a clever title
I believe the route does the Dukes pass from the easy (north) side both times. Less strain on the legs, but you'll need to turn around to get the best views!

I'm going to do this one too, although I'm only doing the 54 mile one, might attempt a longer one in the summer. I'm looking forward to it, give me some motivation to get back out on my bike and hopefully get myself a nice new road bike for my birthday in march

Somebuddy

Über Member
I have never tried a sportive before. But I fancy doing so this coming year 2015. But how far can I go. 54 miles or 87. Mmm. I know I can do the mileage, but can I do it in the time limit. I've recently cycled across the states and the longest day was 88 miles. But that may have been a very long day, stopping for long lunches and second breakfasts etc
I have been up the Dukes pass before, and cycled around Loch Katrine and back to Aberfoyle. That was only about 30 miles. I am so tempted to register for this sportive. I'm gonna go for it! ............ Oh what am I doing?

Inthecup

Dukes pass is a doddle (if riding something with a motor attached)!

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Unless I am misreading which strava segment "Dukes Pass" is, it seems to be 2.7km at average 4%. There is a short ramp at 13% but that's it.

I shouldn't get too concerned about this. Tailwind would be nice for it though

OP
OP
Dibs

Dibs

Veteran
Unless I am misreading which strava segment "Dukes Pass" is, it seems to be 2.7km at average 4%. There is a short ramp at 13% but that's it.

I shouldn't get too concerned about this. Tailwind would be nice for it though

That doesn't sound too bad... I'm planning a wee day trip up there before the event to take a look. I'm sure I've been over Dukes Pass before on a Motorbike, but clearly I wasn't paying attention to the upslope!

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
Last year their was a lot of ice on the route, even in April. I found the medium tough enough. Good luck to you both

@Scoosh, coud this and the other Thread on same event be merged to keep convo together?

Top Bottom