bored not cycling

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Michael86

Can't wait to get my bike and be back on the road. 3 weeks have seemed like eternity, but could be potentially 5 weeks without cycling.

vickster

Legendary Member
Another on the sick list?

OP
OP
M

Michael86

I was, 3 weeks I was knocked off my bike. So I was off it for about 2 and half weeks. Then on my first commute back on it, I found out it hade been stolen. So in the process of buying another one through the c2w scheme

Toeclip

Guru
Your bored? I was knocked off my bike on Sept 10th and it could be another 2/3 months before I`m back on it!

vickster

Legendary Member
I couldn't go that long

Well some have to due to injury. I was probably off bikes for about 2 months last year after my accident, then started cycling too quickly and did myself more mischief

If you buy a bike on C2W, make sure it's properly insured for the full replacement value. If stolen, you'd still be responsible for paying your employer back for it

runner

Guru
I cannot imagine what it would be like not to cycle (and also run) Take today I cycled 8 miles into work on my kinesis racelight tk2...then 11 miles home...and as I got home early this afternoon (after dropping my kinesis at the LBS to sort out a bottom bracket) I went for a 7 mile run (in preparation for next half marathon. I am a little tired this evening:smile: but I can totally undestand the frustation if you have not been out on the road for a number of weeks...good luck with the recovery.

vickster

Legendary Member
@vickster you allowed anything on turbo?
Cheers Ed
I don't have one but I am on the exercise bike right now!!

screenman

Legendary Member
I do not think I know what boredom feels like, does that make me lucky. Or does it mean I do not let it happen, there are just so many great things to do in life, cycling is just one of them.

young Ed

Veteran
I cannot imagine what it would be like not to cycle (and also run) Take today I cycled 8 miles into work on my kinesis racelight tk2...then 11 miles home...and as I got home early this afternoon (after dropping my kinesis at the LBS to sort out a bottom bracket) I went for a 7 mile run (in preparation for next half marathon. I am a little tired this evening:smile: but I can totally undestand the frustation if you have not been out on the road for a number of weeks...good luck with the recovery.
lets face it half the reason you posted that is so that you can show off that you commute on a kinesis racelight tk2! nothing wrong with that, we all have to show off every now and then! ;)
Cheers Ed

young Ed

Veteran
I don't have one but I am on the exercise bike right now!!
well done, congratulations! keep at it but just don't over do it, i've done that and it only makes things worse. sometimes permanently, for example i'm not sure i haven't done my ankles some minor long term damage :sad:
Cheers Ed

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
lets face it half the reason you posted that is so that you can show off that you commute on a kinesis racelight tk2! nothing wrong with that, we all have to show off every now and then! ;)
Cheers Ed
I'm more impressed by @runner's 7 mile run, after cycling to work, working and cycling back!

vickster

Legendary Member
well done, congratulations! keep at it but just don't over do it, i've done that and it only makes things worse. sometimes permanently, for example i'm not sure i haven't done my ankles some minor long term damage :sad:
Cheers Ed
I've been cleared by the physio. I'm doing it for no more than 20 minutes at a time, on a low level of resistance. I stop if it starts to get uncomfortable

I'm banned from running due to my knees, which suits me fine :biggrin:

young Ed

Veteran
I've been cleared by the physio. I'm doing it for no more than 20 minutes at a time, on a low level of resistance. I stop if it starts to get uncomfortable

I'm banned from running due to my knees, which suits me fine :biggrin:
sounds fine to me :thumbsup:
running, a pain in the arse ankles, i sprain one or two every time i go out but i do love it really. even though i have hyper mobility (extra long/flexy ligaments so they sprain easily) i WILL one day complete either half or whole marathon! that's not a i want to that's a i WILL! :biggrin:
Cheers Ed

Top Bottom