Boris Johnson on the theft of his bike.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Arch said:
Could you not just attach a greylag goose to your bike? That'd keep the buggers off it!

...it would fall off at the first goosebump...;)

barq

That's a pretty good article actually. I'm not really a fan of Boris, but I hope attitudes like his make cycling a serious issue in the next mayoral elections.

I've lost a bike within the last year to some thieves. The police seemed to think it was the work of an organised gang who drove a transit van around in the middle of the night loading up with bikes. The thieves made so much noise getting into my garage they woke me up and I actually witnessed them getting away (with my bike). Despite being in the unusual position of being able to give a description, there was still no interest from the powers that be.

It was a few months before I was able to put together a new commuter bike, and guess how I travelled around until it was replaced? Yep, you guessed it! Boris is right to connect crime with environmental issues and travel policy.

The only comfort I take from my stolen bike is that I had been doing some maintenance and so certain critical bolts weren't done up properly. ;)

Arch

Married to Night Train
Aperitif said:
...it would fall off at the first goosebump...;)

Ba-dum ching!

Hey there's loads of geese by the river and up on campus. I could make a fortune, selling them off as security devices.

I suppose for smaller bikes, like folders, a duck would do...

Melvil

'Goose' was the call-sign of Tom Cruise's 'backseater' in Top Gun. He died two thirds of the way through the movie at the traditional low point in Bruckheimer/Simpson 'rule of three' productions.

Amanda P

Legendary Member
Ah.

Tom's goose was cooked.

Top Bottom