Borrowing or hiring a road bike in Glasgow area

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

big al

I have a road bike and typically cycle in the north of Glasgow or west Renfrewshire area. My 20 year old son is keen to give road biking a go and I'd like to take him out for a day. Does anyone know if you can borrow or hire a road bike for a day from any of the Glasgow bike shops?

Happy to pay a reasonable cost.

MrRidley

I have a road bike and typically cycle in the north of Glasgow or west Renfrewshire area. My 20 year old son is keen to give road biking a go and I'd like to take him out for a day. Does anyone know if you can borrow or hire a road bike for a day from any of the Glasgow bike shops?

Happy to pay a reasonable cost.

Try Solid Rock Cycles, i think they hire bikes, the shop's in Balmore just by Torrance, don't have the number to hand, but Google will be your friend.

OP
OP
B

big al

Thanks jimbhoy & lazyfatgit for your contributions.

My son has possibly broken his ankle (massive swelling but x-rays inconclusive) playing football last night so his debut on a road bike will be delayed!

I'll let you know how I get on trying to hire a road bike in due course

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
ben at kinetics is a brilliant bloke to deal with. i'm sure he'd help you out. he's a one man band with a heart of gold, when it comes to cyclists.

lazyfatgit

ben at kinetics is a brilliant bloke to deal with. i'm sure he'd help you out. he's a one man band with a heart of gold, when it comes to cyclists.

Not in my experience. Maybe I just caught him on an off day.

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Formerly just_fixed
Not in my experience. Maybe I just caught him on an off day.

oh i'm surprised. i travelled by train from rossendale, rode from glasgow central. when i arrived he started on my bike immediately. he did loads of extra work for free and gave me quite a lot of free bits. he worked on my bike for 4hrs. he didn't charge me anything extra.

i was originally supposed to be fitting the speed drive myself. so overall i thought it was excellent service. perhaps i caught him on a good day.

Top Bottom