Bottle Cleaning.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sillysimon10

Just wondering what techniques people tried and tested to get your bottles clean...

Noticed that my secondary bottle has begun to get some colour staining from when I occasionally use High5 tabs for longer rides....so it need a thorough clean!!

Tar much

vickster

Legendary Member
Dishwasher

Milton sterilising tablets are an alternative

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Some water bottles will stain and discolour over time, there is very little you can do about it. You need bottles with a silicon dioxide coating to avoid this.

for cleaning I use denture tablets, as they are intended to be used on items which are make contact with the mouth, drop a tablet in with warm water... simple and sterile

Gary E

Veteran
Good scrub with a baby bottle brush and soapy water after every ride. Dry them completely and store them with the lids off. Occasionally I'll use a baby bottle sterilizer tablet, you can get a box of Boots own brand for next to nothing :smile:

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Some water bottles will stain and discolour over time, there is very little you can do about it. You need bottles with a silicon dioxide coating to avoid this.

for cleaning I use denture tablets, as they are intended to be used on items which are make contact with the mouth, drop a tablet in with warm water... simple and sterile

Same, or tablets for baby bottles. Whichever is cheapest at the time.

TBH, I don't keep bottles that long, they never really have time to get proper grubby.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
[QUOTE 2495093, member: 30090"]Boiling water.[/quote]

Boiling water is not a good idea with some plastics, it alters the surface and causes them to become porous, hence harbouring bacteria.

dasy2k1

+1 for baby bottle sterilising tablets,
they do the job great,
a stiff bottle brush is also useful to shift any crud

Nick Stone

Wash, rinse then dishwasher. Then air dried with lids off and stored likewise. Fresh smelling all the time

Top Bottom