bottled out

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davidwalton

Well, today was meant to be my first ride with the local CTC. Bottled out though due to it currently snowing here and having no idea about how a recumbent handles in such conditions.

What I need is a trike as a second bike, then it wouldn't matter, but can't afford one of them for a year or so....a good one anyway.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I wouldn't feel too bad about that at all....cycling in the snow? Not done it but don't fancy it unless it's absolutely necessary!! Wait a week or so and it'll be sunny again!!

OP
OP
D

davidwalton

Cathryn said:
I wouldn't feel too bad about that at all....cycling in the snow? Not done it but don't fancy it unless it's absolutely necessary!! Wait a week or so and it'll be sunny again!!

Me being me, I would generally ignore such conditions and just get on with it. I must be getting soft in my old age:sad:

Now, if I had a trike, I would be leaving about now to meet up:biggrin:

OP
OP
D

davidwalton

Cathryn said:
If you had a trike, you'd still be snuggled down on the sofa thinking you should be outside!! Enjoy Easter without worrying about it.

If I had a trike, I would be even slower, and I am already really slow :becool:

Nah, if I had a trike I just wouldn't care about the weather. Seen it loads colder, with strong winds, snow laying very thick, and that never stopped me. I have one of those built in heaters that keeps me nice and warm. Only problem is that the heater never turns off:sad:

02GF74

Über Member
snow is not normally problem - once it freezes to coat the road with a nice layer of ice that is when it gets tricky.

with a recumbant you have less distance to fall ;)

Tynan

Veteran
I was out and about in the car on duties on Monday in heavy snow and saw two separate pairs of club type rides bravely soldiering along, a pair going around the immense Redbridge roundabout, oof

OP
OP
D

davidwalton

02GF74 said:
snow is not normally problem - once it freezes to coat the road with a nice layer of ice that is when it gets tricky.

with a recumbant you have less distance to fall ;)

On a motor bike I wouldn't of even hiccuped at the weather.

There might be less distance to fall from a recumbent, but I would rather stay on my comfy padded seat thanks;)

Top Bottom