Bottom Bracket bearing seal-

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nalimugmug

I've just received an order from the web of a pair of seals- Enduro SEMR 2437.

The seals that arrived are different to what's installed on the bike at this time-the seller informs me that maybe the new seals are modified, however. I can't see the logic in there being no inner sealing face on the new items.

New item has the same part number.

Pic attached of old seal with new one offered up. Your thoughts please.

Many thanks

Attachments

• 20220504_161852.jpg
    20220504_161852.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 6

Tenkaykev

Guru
I've just received an order from the web of a pair of seals- Enduro SEMR 2437.

The seals that arrived are different to what's installed on the bike at this time-the seller informs me that maybe the new seals are modified, however. I can't see the logic in there being no inner sealing face on the new items.

New item has the same part number.

Pic attached of old seal with new one offered up. Your thoughts please.

Many thanks

I'm not sure if it is the same with bottom brackets as it is with gearboxes but shouldn't the new seal be round the other way to keep the lubrication in? (The sprung lip faces the liquid / grease that you want to retain )

OP
OP
N

nalimugmug

I'm not sure if it is the same with bottom brackets as it is with gearboxes but shouldn't the new seal be round the other way to keep the lubrication in? (The sprung lip faces the liquid / grease that you want to retain )
Gents/Ladies -Thanks for your replies.

Behind the installed seal there is a bearing of which I have attached a picture, my quest is not to keep the grease in but the water out.
I've just renewed both bearings due to corrosion, this after not an excessive amount of use. The installed seals are obviously allowing water in, that's why I wish to replace them.
Also, a pic of the new seals viewed from both sides, as can be seen there is no inner lip to keep water out as there is on the original seal, attached.

Seller informed me that he has sold lots of these with no come back-am I missing something here?

Thanks

Attachments

• OIP.jpg
    OIP.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 20220504_150450.jpg
    20220504_150450.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 5
  • Capture v.PNG
    Capture v.PNG
    14.7 KB · Views: 3
Top Bottom