Bottom Bracket Cable guides

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well Doris is nearly ready following her frame failure earlier in the year, however i find the the replacement frame has a different set up regarding the chain ring Derailleur cable route. Before it was a simple lug at the base of the down tube and one just below the Derailleur on the seat tube. Now it's like this:

3616512543_f89cc70951.jpg

I.e. no lugs, just some where to put a cable guide (my old single cable one is in the picture) and a hole in front of the chain stays.

I'm thinking a new cable guide that has 2 slots in it (one for the front and one for the rear cables) plus a thin sleave running from the cable guide through the hole up to the front Derailleur mech.

Any thoughts as to why this won't work or a better way of doing it?.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I used one of these on my Vitus, which has a similar setup by the look of it. It slipped around a bit at first, but a dab of araldite sorted that.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Ah, yes...I see your point. Sorry, didn't look closely enough last night. Hmmm. No, I don't have that issue - the hole is much closer to the BB, so the cable basically comes off the end of the guide, then goes pretty much straight thru' t'ole. That's a tricky one. Sorry, can't think of any intelligent suggestions, other than maybe your LBS might have an idea? I must say, it seems a slightly odd place to put the hole...

Top Bottom