Bottom Bracket Fitting Question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hello all

I have a Giany SCR 2.0 and have just replaced my BB. No great dramas. The new BB my LBS gave me is the same length as my existing one and the drive side washer fits fine however the other side washer does not. The thread seems fine and goes in nearly all the way but it does not go in fully so a small part of the thread is showing proud of the main bike. I have given it a bit of welly but I dont want to break it. Is this going to be ok?

Any thoughts

thanks
Clive

MajorMantra

You are definitely turning it the right way? (Sorry, I had to ask.)

Did the original BB have any spacers that you've forgotten to include? How wide is the shell and what BB are you fitting?

Matthew

OP
OP
Mista Preston

Mista Preston

Veteran
BB is in and is tight. No spacers in old one or new one?. Just took it back to LBS and they said its perfectly normal to have some exposed thread on the non drive side. He even showed me a new bike that had it the same but gave no reason for it......hmmmmm?

gwhite

Über Member
Mista Preston said:
BB is in and is tight. No spacers in old one or new one?. Just took it back to LBS and they said its perfectly normal to have some exposed thread on the non drive side. He even showed me a new bike that had it the same but gave no reason for it......hmmmmm?

He's right...it is.

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
Frick! I just picked up my oddest cycle related injury to date.

Cut the inside of my (now) bloody ear putting my phone headset's ear buds in. Turns out there's a tiny curly sliver of metal, snagged in the foam cover, that has slowly worked its way back out.

I declare it to be part of Mista Preston's crank, where we sheared the thread trying to get it tight / off / on again / whatever.

Balls. How long do ears take to stop bleeding? My head is filling up.

OP
OP
Mista Preston

Mista Preston

Veteran
arallsopp said:

Cut the inside of my (now) bloody ear putting my phone headset's ear buds in. Turns out there's a tiny curly sliver of metal, snagged in the foam cover, that has slowly worked its way back out.

I declare it to be part of Mista Preston's crank, where we sheared the thread trying to get it tight / off / on again / whatever.

:biggrin::cry::thumbsup::tongue::laugh::smile::angel: ................:biggrin:

Nothing to do with me ....honest

GrasB

Veteran
arallsopp said:

WTF?!
:laugh: :tongue: :biggrin:
& the random post award goes to arallsopp

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
:biggrin::shy::tongue: Gosh darn it, I'd like to thank my manager, and the people at home, and the rest of the spice girls.

Update: It stopped in the end, but I did manage to kick it all off again when I rode home. Having cleared out the headphones, I left them on my desk to dry, spotted them as I left, and shoved them back into my ears on autopilot before riding home. No further damage, but did manage to reopen the cut.

20 miles of cross town commute later, the blood had pretty effectively glued the right one back into my ear. :angry:

Which was nice.

Top Bottom