bottom bracket help/advice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mr-marty-martin

i just went down to get a bb from the lbs, a campag square taper one, veloce

he told me its the same one as i had and will be fine ( i had the old one with me aswell)

but, went to fit it today and it pulls the crank to close to the frame, so the chainring hits the frame

i susspect the spindle is the wrong size?

Are there any product codes on them?

OP
OP
M

mr-marty-martin

well i no the measurements match up, but the spindle length ( or whatever you call it ) is longer on the old one, but it doesnt seem to tell you length of that anywere.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Just new design. You need to measure the axel length. You need to replace with one that is the same length.

The shell (the outer bit) will be 68mm so they are the same, but it's the axel length that's key - take it back and get it swapped for one that's the same length.

OP
OP
M

mr-marty-martin

will do cheers, one thing noticed is that a dnt think it says about the axle length on the box...

shame this was the last one of the bb's he had at the old price, so i'll have to py campags new rates now...

MartinC

Über Member
Veloce BB's come in 2 axle lengths. 111mm and 115.5mm. Looks like you need the longer one. IIRC they aren't marked with the length so you need to measure them. Possibly the LBS have given you a 111mm.

Mr Pig

I can't believe he gave you the wrong one when he had the old one in front of him. If you sit them side by side the difference in length is obvious.

OP
OP
M

mr-marty-martin

yeah i noticed the differance straight away

luckily he had a 115 in and swaped it, and luckily it wasnt the new campag stock or i would of had to pay the new prices...

still cant get over £25 for shimano cleats...

Top Bottom