Bottom Bracket query

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tonee62

Hi , I'm looking for a bottom bracket, axle and bearings for a 1960s raleigh roadster. Do the parts come in different sizes or are they a standard spec. I've recently spotted some axles online which had part numbers, similar to mine, I've also seen some sites selling axles with no code whatever, what do the codes mean?
Are axles specific to particular bike frames. The axle code from my roadster is 08GC.
Any advice would be much appreciated.

OP
OP
Tonee62

Tonee62

I'm looking for authentic parts.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Thanks for the link, its looking as though i need a 26 tpi bottom bracket. Anybody know where I can get hold of one, including axle.
@Tonee62 i have a complete set but shaft is a max of 135 long but will go to my lbs and check if cups are 26tpi as i think they are , will advise 2moro

OP
OP
Tonee62

Tonee62

@Tonee62 didnt get to bike shop but tried cups in a new frame that takes 24 tpi and they dont even start to screw in so these should 26 tpi
Thanks for checking the cup sizes biggs. Your last message got me thinking, I decided to take my old bb axle and cup from non drive side with locking washer to my lbs. I wanted to be sure if I really did need new bits and what tpi they were. Anyway the upshot being, my lbs thinks I may possibly get away with the bits I have, not ideal as I would prefer them to be in better condition, they look a bit worn to me. Lbs also reckons the bb cup is 26 tpi

Top Bottom