Bottom Bracket

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mobi_1

Hi

Not long back into cycling, i purchased a Carerra Virtuoso off Ebay: good nick but got it checked out at an independent dealer to make sure, needed a few bits, cables and a new rear set. I now have to replace the Bottom Bracket and was thinking of taking it to my nearest Halfords (Darlington) as the independent dealer was a tad expensive. Has any one had any maintenance on their bike done at Halfords? If so would you recommend it or would you not recommend it?

many thanks

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
Now could be the time to start on doing your own work. The BB is described as semi cartridge square taper which wouldn't be too hard to sort. Generally one simple tool and a big-ass spanner is all that is needed.

You will find a lot here who think that describes Halfords bike mechanics as well! The quality of work seems to vary depending on a particular store. I had a wheel built at one of their bike huts and it seemed very good. I have also heard some proper horror stories.

Tojo

Über Member
Hi

Not long back into cycling, i purchased a Carerra Virtuoso off Ebay: good nick but got it checked out at an independent dealer to make sure, needed a few bits, cables and a new rear set. I now have to replace the Bottom Bracket and was thinking of taking it to my nearest Halfords (Darlington) as the independent dealer was a tad expensive. Has any one had any maintenance on their bike done at Halfords? If so would you recommend it or would you not recommend it?

many thanks

You mean Halfrauds, I wouldn't take Granville's bike from Albert Arkwright's shop to them....Feking useless...:rofl:

OP
OP
M

Mobi_1

I saw the light and got it back before they started work on my bike. thank you for the heads up

Top Bottom