Bought a new gravel bike! (Possibly faulty)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
That was a mail order. I think I will email (attach pictures) and explain the situation, will see what they will say. They do have this bikes in stock. Hopefully they will send the replacement.
Probably not before you return the one to be exchanged. The replacement could be worse

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I'm not sure I would have spotted this as early as you have, you must have inspected the bike very carefully.

Regardless of whether or not this influences the bike's safety I would return it as the workmanship is clearly below the standard one would expect. I would expect distance selling or consumer protection laws would cover this. I could never be 100% happy knowing it was there.

A bike at this price level should not have a poorly welded frame.

Last edited:

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
The way I see it, the more expensive something is the better built and more dimensionally correct it should be. There's more money in the build budget to ensure this. Ironcally though, I've ridden some extremely cheap low end bikes with surprisingly well fabricated frames where there has been no visually apparent defects or misalignment whatsoever.
My attention was drawn to a new-looking Argos Challenge el-cheapo MTB yesterday, because the forks were pointing backwards. :laugh: The frame welding actually looked very decent. but will be wasted on the sort of rider who is oblivious to which way the forks should be fitted.

Top Bottom