Boxing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Joshua was lucky not to go down in the last. He knew he had lost and couldn`t even stand up off his stool! I thought it was a clear 5 round margin. SIL said he`ll be hoping for a deal with Fury.....
.... I think the best he can hope for is Dylian White!
Let’s see how Fury gets on in his 3rd Wilder Fight.
If someone offers £50mil the fight will happen. The problem is that AJ has now lost to 2 smaller guys who can box and Fury is a big guy who can box.

VelvetUnderpants

Über Member
Oleksandr Usyk schooled AJ in the art of boxing. AJ way totally outclassed by a faster more skillfull opponent.

Apparently there is a rematch clause, it will be interesting to see after this resounding defeat if he still has his heart in it to step back in the ring with the Ukrainian.

Even if he had beaten Usyk I couldn't have seen him beating fury. The gypsy king, has far superior ring craft and would beat AJ convincingly.

Stephenite

Membå
Just watching ytube and the weigh-in for the fight at the weekend.

I see Tyson Fury is 277lb =126kg and 6'9". Wilder is 238lb = 108kg and 6'7".

It strikes me that these are two large boys.

But what is the record for the two largest fighters to face one another for a heavyweight belt?

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Just watching ytube and the weigh-in for the fight at the weekend.

I see Tyson Fury is 277lb =126kg and 6'9". Wilder is 238lb = 108kg and 6'7".

It strikes me that these are two large boys.

But what is the record for the two largest fighters to face one another for a heavyweight belt?
Klitschko fought Joshua and Fury. Probably larger fighters than Wilder, who isn’t a naturally heavy framed man.

I think Wilder has made a mistake coming in so heavy. He was 15 stone in his first fight against Fury, he’s now 17 stone.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Slight digression if I may.
I used to enjoy top flight boxing of all weights but I won't pay those sky fees and sit up till early morning to watch what could finish in one round.
I realise you get all those build up fights.
Not knocking those that are happy to pay etc.......my son happily does so for all the big fights.

If I am correct Eubank and the Tyson brother fight next Saturday and its on normal Sky.....if so I will enjoy that.

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
Slight digression if I may.
I used to enjoy top flight boxing of all weights but I won't pay those sky fees and sit up till early morning to watch what could finish in one round.
I realise you get all those build up fights.
Not knocking those that are happy to pay etc.......my son happily does so for all the big fights.

If I am correct Eubank and the Tyson brother fight next Saturday and its on normal Sky.....if so I will enjoy that.
i wont pay for any fight in West Coast USA as the fight won’t start until 4am. A UK fight is usually on by 10pm and I will pay £20 if i want to watch it. There are plenty on PPV fights which I will not buy and you can watch on youtube within 24 hours. I dont do illegal streaming services.

Apropos of nothing. At uni in the 90s we were the only student house with a sky subscription, so we used to pay for the big fights then charge an entry fee. I made the school boy error of taking a tactical 40 winks for the 2nd Tyson Bruno fight and slept right through.

Top Bottom